Thursday, September 9, 2010

Summer's End

The end of summer is always marked by the Minnesota State Fair. The kids and I went once with Mary and Kimberly and once with Garrett.

We ate a lot of fair food: corn dog, cheese on a stick, crepe, walleye cakes, elephant ear, cinnamon almonds, chicken fried bacon, gelato and roasted corn. Yeah - I know.


As you can see on Belen's cheeks, it was 90 degrees the first day we went. After the kidway Belen actually asked to go home. I seriously think that was first time she has EVER asked to go home.

Bell and me on the kiddy coaster.

Mary and B on the spin- barf ride.

Ok here's round two- like 60 some degrees. Check out Oscar's feet hanging out of the stroller. He was sleeping in the bottom part. If I have never mentioned it- Phil and Teds is the BEST stroller ever.

More kidway.





This is Belen's first sno cone. She was jumping up and down in line. She asked for another one later that day. Oh, delicious high fructose corn syrup.

I realized I haven't given an Oscar update for a while. Let's see... he is 13 months now. I think he is around 27lbs and he is losing his belly. He is really looking more like a little dude. He has 12 teeth and it looks like the eye teeth are on the way. He isn't walking yet, but he will take a few steps to get from furniture. Balance isn't one of his strong skills - thanks to that Petrie head :) He is still taking two naps, but I think he is almost ready for a new schedule. What else... he loves to snuggle anything fuzzy, furry or family. Maybe a little bit of a mama's boy.

Thanks to daddy- he is learning to love music just like his sister.

With the drastic cool down we pulled out the cozy jammies.



Belen started preschool. She wouldn't smile nice, but don't let that expression fool you. She is loving school. This morning she woke up at 8 and said she just wanted to get dressed and go to school (which doesn't start until 12:30)




Oscar also had his first day of daycare the same day B had school. I didn't take a picture- I am not that excited about the place, but it is only for three months and then he will go to a really cute montessori by our house.

After every body's big first days we went to Good Earth for some good eats.

NO MORE SLING!!! Garrett had a follow up for his shoulder and the doc said he is free to use his arm. He has a funky bump and some atrophy, but he will be back to normal before long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The kids are too cute. And Belen is absolutely beautiful.