Sunday, July 11, 2010

Summer for real

Now that Garrett is done with his conferences for a month, it really feels like summer. We are diving into projects around the house, starting p90x (a workout program), and breathing easier since the strike craziness is over.

Garrett took the kids to be in the Northeast Minneapolis parade for his school Marcy Open. Belen is the self appointed princess and I guess Oscar is her chauffeur.


Belen got her first salon haircut. Up until now Grandma Sue has done all the trims, but we didn't get to it on their visit. She held really still and even got some curls at the end.



My parents came back up to fly to Alaska and then stayed a night each way.

We went to Lynnae and Brandt's new apartment (and the neighboring restaurant). Belen likes the man cave.


Oscar is fast now, and of course he loves the stairs. His gums are black and blue, but still no molars. Hopefully soon. That can't feel good.

I had to work on the fourth, but I picked up some sparklers. A thirty pack was the smallest at the store, which seemed ridiculous. However, the look on Belen's face says it all, and I don't think there were too many left over.

Mr. Potato Belly

Yeah! Oscar gets the straw- now we can forget the sippy cup battle.

Steve is back from Bangladesh for the summer and stopped by this week. Can you tell this is in around 8am when only babies are totally awake?

Garrett and I went to Forepaugh's in St. Paul for my upcoming birthday. It was delicious food and really nice to get out of the house. I will post some pictures soon of our porch renovation.

No comments: